Link problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to email the site using the link in forum info and my computer asked me what application I wanted to use to open the link.

I chose firefox and now when I click on the link the pages keep loading one after another. :(

The page count got up to 30 before I managed to close it down.

How do I undo this please?

Sponsored Links
Which link is it? Can you direct me to it?

Its a case of removing the file association to firefox. With normal files you can right click and then do 'open with', then you'll get the pop up box asking for the program to use - make sure the tick box that mentions 'always use this program for this file type' is unticked.

I'm not overly sure with hyperlinks though if thats what you're clicking.

It was this link [email protected] on the forum rules page.

I have sorted it by uninstalling MF and then reinstalling it.

Be nice to know how to fix next time though.

Ok, remembered how to do this, can't believe I forgot to start with.

1. Right click on the start button and click properties.
2. Click the 'start menu' tab.
3. Click on customise, then towards the bottom ('show on start menu') it'll ask about what program to open email and internet, change the email from Firefox to Outlook.

Sponsored Links
What I don't understand about this problem is that the link is to an email address and as such should open your default email client. Firefox is a browser not an email client so why it offered you the choice to use it to open is a mystery.

Following Mark's instructions only puts your browser and email on the start menu, it does not make them your default settings.

Which program is selected if you click start, set program access and defaults then expand the selected one down?

Which program is selected if you click start, set program access and defaults then expand the selected one down?

It is the custom one and the "use current program" box is ticked for browser, email and media player options.

Sponsored Links
Back