linking sky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I tried two feed a sky TV signal from the sky box to a TV in another room.
No need to watch different channels, straight feed all thats needed.
I ran a coax cable from the RF out to the second tv.

The sky box is satellite dish fed only no TV aerial.

I am getting no signal

Could be the coax, will check continuity tomorrow , (Is they a way of checking coax other than continuity)

Does the second TV need to be on a different setting to receive this signal

any pointers would be great

Sponsored Links
Quick question because it's not clear; you did tune the second TV didn't you?

the tv in the bedroom was the tv in the original room, they are getting a new tv for the living room.

Its made difficult because there is no remote for the tv. tried to tune it via the buttons on the tv, but drove mre insane so came home.

Sponsored Links
the tv in the bedroom was the tv in the original room, they are getting a new tv for the living room.

Its made difficult because there is no remote for the tv. tried to tune it via the buttons on the tv, but drove mre insane so came home.

Would it not previously have been connected via Scart lead though?

As LS said, check that TV out is on and then try tuning the TV. Until then we can't really say one way or the other. ;)

As default the Sky output is on channel 68 but that can be software changed. If you use RF2 then the digi eye will allow you to change channels in the other room.

Although we have channel 21 to 68 for analogue TV often the outputs are not spot on so although in theory if you know old TV is set to channel 34 for example you could change sky output to 34 this does not always work.

The sky book does not tell you how to change the output channel it is a hidden menu.

The installer menu can be accessed by pressing 'Services 4 0 1 Select'

Got a Sky+ HD box? The installer menu can be accessed by pressing 'Services 0 0 1 Select':

sky_installmenu.jpg

You can also turn the voltage on here to work the digi-eye. But you have posted in wrong area.

Not sure if it's the same for newer Sky boxes but you used to have to change the RF outlets setting to around 55 if I remember correctly.

Not sure if it's the same for newer Sky boxes but you used to have to change the RF outlets setting to around 55 if I remember correctly.

thats dependant on your location (local transmiter channels) and is to avoid co channel interference

if the remote to tune the TV is missing then erics is the best idea (tune the sky to the tv channel) if an aerial is not being used then co channel interference should not be an issue

but if you are running in a new cable anyway AV is much preferable than RF, ditch the coax

Many thanks

Still have the same problem

Have switched power on to the RF

TV is on channel 21 I think, can switch to 68 using tv buttons but cant set it so goes back

Sky box is set to 68, but no option to change (two little arrows not there)

cheers, and any ideas

Hi first things first answer the following questions
1 what is the make/model of tv?
2 what sky box is it? (standard, sky HD?)
3 where have you plugged in the coax? (which outlet)

Ps was working in boro today

cheers

Samsung le32r74b0

sky plus

tried both outlets no joy

Hope you had a good day in the Boro

I have had problems accessing menu to change the channel number on sky+ before. Found best method was not to look at TV and just enter number followed by select.
It is so easy to miss a function too. I sat there one day wondering why it did not work and then realised I had entered number but not pressed select at the end.

Many thanks for the great replys, but I still have no signal

Changed the sky RF channel to 21 as that what the tv is on but still no signal

On the TV what should I put as the source

the list is

TV
Ext 1
Ext 2
AV - Blanked out cant choose
S-Video also blanked
Component - blanked but says DHR
HDMI blanked but says PC
PC blanked
DTV

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back