Lintel failure? What is the cause of this cracking?

Thanks for all your replies. All window and door apertures on the garage and house look the same.

What you see in line with the brickwork is render, I don't know what lurks behind and whether it spans further than the openings.

You are right, the garage used to have wooden windows.

Sponsored Links
What you see in line with the brickwork is render, I don't know what lurks behind and whether it spans further than the openings.

You are right, the garage used to have wooden windows.

All that concerns me in those photos is the cracked lintel, and the corner where it seems the corner has been pushed out. Other lintels have obviously been disturbed when the wood frames were replaced and are not such an issue. The cracked lintel might of occurred during the window replacement, or by someone bouncing on the roof whilst the frame was out. The cause of the corner problem is anyone's guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back