Lions? Who cares.

There was that bloke from the USA who killed cecil (?) the lion in Zimbabwe with a bow and arrow , dunno what happened to him in the states but I think he had to move house due to threats ??

Sponsored Links
My heart bleeds for him.

Let's hope that that is what his life will be like from now on.

Unfortunately many of these African countries rely on the money generated by the big game trophy hunters.
Some of it goes back in to preserving game reserves, conservation etc. They say these Lions and other game are in a way superfluous and would probably die anyway. Young mail lions are soon a threat to the pride and are driven away, where they lead a nomadic type of life until they they are powerful enough to form their own pride, most die in battle. I don't claim to really fully understand it but it may help to see things from different angles to get an idea of the bigger picture.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately many of these African countries rely on the money generated by the big game trophy hunters.
Some of it goes back in to preserving game reserves, conservation etc. They say these Lions and other game are in a way superfluous and would probably die anyway. Young mail lions are soon a threat to the pride and are driven away, where they lead a nomadic type of life until they they are powerful enough to form their own pride, most die in battle. I don't claim to really fully understand it but it may help to see things from different angles to get an idea of the bigger picture.

India has more lions than it did five years ago.

The lion population had risen from 411 in 2010 to 523 in 2015, the latest lion census. This is despite competing in areas with other big cats such as Tigers and leopards

Sponsored Links
Back