Lions? Who cares.

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
"The Tories have broken their promise to ban Trophy Hunters importing LION BODY PARTS into the UK"
By
Tom D. Rogers
12th February 2019

The Conservative Party have broken a promise to ban people from importing lion hunting trophies, usually in the grizzly form of lion body parts such as heads, skins, skulls, and paws, into the UK.

In 2015, the then Tory Environment Minister, Rory Stewart, told an audience at Westminster Hall:

“Unless there is a significant improvement in the performance of the hunting industry and of those countries, this government will move to ban lion trophies”

And in an answer to a written question from the then SNP MP, Paul Monaghan in 2016 – which is still live on the government website – Stewart repeated the promise, stating:

“I recognise that there are real concerns about the impact of trophy hunting on lion conservation. As I announced in Parliament on 24 November 2015, the Government will ban lion trophy imports within the next two years unless there are improvements in the way hunting takes place in certain countries, judged against strict criteria. We will work with our European and international partners, and experts in the field, to reach a common approach to this issue.”

Furthermore, the then Environment Secretary Liz Truss repeated the promise in the same year, categorically stating that:

“Unless we see improvements in the way hunting takes place, judged against strict criteria, we will ban lion trophy imports within the next two years.”

However, despite the fact that experts in the field say that there have been absolutely no improvements in the industry, and that wild populations have actually plummeted from around 20,000 in 2016 to about 15,000 today, the Tories have still not delivered on their repeated promise.

Figures from 2018 showed that around 400 hunting trophies from endangered species have been imported into the UK in recent years, and 158 MPs have signed a cross-party Parliamentary Early Day motion demanding the government finally delivers on their promise to ban the practice entirely."

Sponsored Links
Hunting Lions in India by
British colonial officers and Indian rulers nearly riping them out I thought was enough to realise how precious these animals are.

Fools

Sponsored Links
I care and afai am concerned said hunters should be banged up for 20 years no parole . said government minister(s) should be kicked up arris as well

same go's for any and all fruit cakes participating in fox hunting.

W*****s

they will have to answer for it one day, we are given charge over them to look after and enjoy, but to kill just for sport and trophy, yeh I wont be crying for them, when they meet the boss, to give account.

It's only another promise that the Tories have broken.

I can't say I'm surprised at this.

It's got to be down to the country's that the Lions live to crack down hard on these hunters... India has done just that. Now lion numbers have stabilised.

"The Tories have broken their promise to ban Trophy Hunters importing LION BODY PARTS into the UK"
By
Tom D. Rogers
12th February 2019

The Conservative Party have broken a promise to ban people from importing lion hunting trophies, usually in the grizzly form of lion body parts such as heads, skins, skulls, and paws, into the UK.

In 2015, the then Tory Environment Minister, Rory Stewart, told an audience at Westminster Hall:

“Unless there is a significant improvement in the performance of the hunting industry and of those countries, this government will move to ban lion trophies”

And in an answer to a written question from the then SNP MP, Paul Monaghan in 2016 – which is still live on the government website – Stewart repeated the promise, stating:

“I recognise that there are real concerns about the impact of trophy hunting on lion conservation. As I announced in Parliament on 24 November 2015, the Government will ban lion trophy imports within the next two years unless there are improvements in the way hunting takes place in certain countries, judged against strict criteria. We will work with our European and international partners, and experts in the field, to reach a common approach to this issue.”

Furthermore, the then Environment Secretary Liz Truss repeated the promise in the same year, categorically stating that:

“Unless we see improvements in the way hunting takes place, judged against strict criteria, we will ban lion trophy imports within the next two years.”

However, despite the fact that experts in the field say that there have been absolutely no improvements in the industry, and that wild populations have actually plummeted from around 20,000 in 2016 to about 15,000 today, the Tories have still not delivered on their repeated promise.

Figures from 2018 showed that around 400 hunting trophies from endangered species have been imported into the UK in recent years, and 158 MPs have signed a cross-party Parliamentary Early Day motion demanding the government finally delivers on their promise to ban the practice entirely."
We should all care.A great deal.

Sponsored Links
Back