Liquid Damp Proof Membrane Disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The resin only part of a 2 part liquid dpm has been applied to my concrete floor by a 'friend' i.e. the hardener was not mixed into the resin. Does anyone know how I recover from this either by cleaning up or some other means. The damp proofness is not the only factor to contend with as a wooden floor will be bonded to hte final surface so that the strength of the bond between the DPM and the concrete is important.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
If only one part of the two pack was applied, why not add the rest over the top then roller it to give a decent chance of working, i'm sure it will

...this might have worked but the hardener was not in the box with the resin for reasons we have yet to find out..I was persuaded to re-apply a freshly mixed batch of resin and hardener over the existing resin (an 'unofficial' recommendation from the rep.)...this did NOT work...end result was a diamond grinder which did a spectacular, if dusty, job of removing all the material and levelled the screed then, reapplied the liquid dpm to get to the surface originally intended (but 3 days and a lot of mess later)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back