Liquid DPM not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Ive used liquid dpm on a concrete sub floor but for some reason it isn’t drying quick enough. Some parts of it are completely dry but other parts of it are still very tacky.
I mixed the liquid dpm and it’s separate resin really well together, albeit without an electric mixer, but I can’t work out why some of has dried and other parts just haven’t. It’s been about 5 days on.

Does anyone have experience in using liquid dpm? If I leave it for a week or two, will it eventually dry? What can I do to speed the drying process along, aside from a fan and leaving the door open?

Are there any other liquids that I could use to help harden the tacky bits?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_9206.jpeg
    IMG_9206.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Are the white areas missing dpm?
These are areas that appear to have dried
It’s a strange one, because parts of it that have dried fully are wet to look at, but then other areas are still very wet and look exactly the same

Might be worth speaking with the manufacturer, as it's a premium product, they should have a good techincal team to speak with.

Might be worth speaking with the manufacturer, as it's a premium product, they should have a good techincal team to speak with.
I spoke to them and they’ve suggested using another liquid, something called primer…they say it can be used as a curing agent but I’m reluctant to add another liquid to something which isn’t fully dried yet…plus it’s expensive!
Just wondered if anyone knew what a curing agent is and if anyone has had experience in liquid dpms or primers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back