Liquid flow switch ELF-15C (Electrocontrols)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason for having a liquid flow switch fitted to the cold water feed of my Worcester Bosch combi boiler?
Had an Engineer out as the switch is leaking. He couldn't see what purpose it was serving.

Options given are replace (but its an £80 part) or remove and cap off.
Thinking of just removing and capping off?

Any advice/comments appreciated.

Sponsored Links
It shouldn't be controlling your boiler in any way - but is it there to operate a booster pump when a tap is opened? - at the end of the day it must be doing something, are there wires connected to it? if so it must be serving a purpose do not remove it until you are sure of the implications of your actions! ;)

Sponsored Links
The only pump I am aware of is my underfloor heating pump but that's run off the main central heating off the boiler so can't see how it's linked to this. It is wired to a junction box, the wire does I believe go to the UFH pump set up but again not sure why? I spoke to the UFH supplier and they didn't think it had anything to do with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back