Lisa montgomery

String 'em up.

Those who say "innocent people might be hanged" are hypocrites.

Sponsored Links
Capital punishment, never a good solution.
Knee jerk reaction, that's it.

Not worth it even one innocent person is sentenced to death
I don't believe in the death penalty in all cases but it should be reserved for the worst cases of murder.

I don't believe in the death penalty in all cases but it should be reserved for the worst cases of murder.
Just out of interest, how would you define 'worst cases of murder'?

Just out of interest, how would you define 'worst cases of murder'?
Child killers for a start, although there can be mitigating circumstances even in murder cases.
Some people kill in hot blood and some in cold blood, you could have someone who has been abused for years, they finally snap and stab their abuser to death, that could be considered differently from someone who sets out in a cold and calculating manner to murder some innocent person.

Sponsored Links
Particularly horrific crime, particularly since the women woke during the c-section and was then strangled again “successfully”. I’m not convinced about mental illness claims of the defence other than psychopath / sociopath.

I don’t support death penalty. I think a life sentence where you are expected to earn your keep would be more Useful and a better punishment/deterrent.

String 'em up.

Those who say "innocent people might be hanged" are hypocrites.
Yes but you are a mad right wing supporter.

You say all sorts of mad stuff

It wouldn't surprise me if you have fallen for QAnon and Gates Soros conspiracies

Some people kill in hot blood and some in cold blood, you could have someone who has been abused for years, they finally snap and stab their abuser to death, that could be considered differently from someone who sets out in a cold and calculating manner to murder some innocent person.
That's why we have separate murder and manslaughter offences...

Although proving which is which is often very difficult, so a bigger burden for a jury if they suspect a death sentence may result.

Child killers for a start
I have no doubt that would be popular with the public...

But we then have a problem with the press whipping up 'fury' over different crimes at different times...

One minute it's gun crime, then knife crime, then paedophiles, then terrorism etc etc...

What do you suspect the fate of the Guildford four and the Birmingham six would have been had the death penalty been in force in those times?

says Johnny before he goes off to his probation officer.

does the tag rub yer ankle :ROFLMAO:
You missed my point.
I was the victim of a couple of serious crimes and the scambags got away with a slap on the wrist thanks to the laughable uk justice system.
What does it mean "we find you guilty but you won't go to prison, instead we are going to let you go, don't do it again"?????
Or even worse "so you killed a mother, cut her open, stole her child and pretended it was yours. You're mentally ill, we send you to a mental health unit where they will assess you in a couple of weeks and let you loose when you're not deemed a danger to society anymore "
Mental health unit is run on a shoestring so they need to reduce number of "guests"
Out in a couple of weeks.
Go out in the real world, speak to people and lots of them will have a story about the unjust justice system.

thanks to the laughable uk justice system.

I quite agree, austerity, cuts and privatisation by Tories have devastated our justice system

if you voted Tory, you got what you voted for; punch yourself in the face :ROFLMAO:

You clearly never had any dealings with uk justice system.

Cuts to the system and privatisaton means the courts are clogged up, the prisons are full. Dealing with crime by harsher punishment doesnt work - look at the US. The environments where these people live need to improve and then you will see crime fall. You need to invest- but I suppose that's against your mantra?

Cuts to the system and privatisaton means the courts are clogged up, the prisons are full. Dealing with crime by harsher punishment doesnt work - look at the US. The environments where these people live need to improve and then you will see crime fall. You need to invest- but I suppose that's against your mantra?
Not at all.
In fact, I believe that better environment/ambience is the first step towards less crime.
More school support is the second step to identify children at risk of being sucked into crime and stop it.
More police, tougher and not afraid to be complained about is the third step, so to give little or no space to criminals.
Fourth step is harsher mandatory sentences without any discount. Example: you're caught with a firearm, 10 years of which the first 2 in complete isolation and half hour/day of fresh air from a window.
Unfortunately this will never happen because of cuts you mentioned, from Tories and Labour.
I remember many years of labour governments and that's when my friendly criminals were let free, this is because of criminals having rights and victims being guilty of existing.
Do gooders are the plague of society and incidentally are mostly labour supporters like you.

Sponsored Links
Back