Little beasties on my plaster!

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seem to have little creatures crawling about a bare plaster wall! They are very small, less than a mm and pale white and leave a little wet streak when I squash them!

I noticed them a while ago and always squash them but they keep reappearing?

We did have some damp on this wall but problem sorted and it's been checked by a damp company so it's all dry. I need to redecorate the wall but don't want to if I have a problem which is bringing the little things to the wall!

They don't seem to be on the adjoining painted walls? Or not that I can see

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If the white/greyish they could be booklice, they feed on microscopic mold and mildew.
You should ventilate and dry the areas with a dehumidifier or fan, or and open the doors of damp rooms. Using moth balls and or mould-control products could help clear them.
I would wipe the walls down, wash over walls with a diluted bleach solution, then wash again with clean water. Dry the walls out prior to painting.

If the white/greyish they could be booklice, they feed on microscopic mold and mildew.
You should ventilate and dry the areas with a dehumidifier or fan, or and open the doors of damp rooms. Using moth balls and or mould-control products could help clear them.
I would wipe the walls down, wash over walls with a diluted bleach solution, then wash again with clean water. Dry the walls out prior to painting.

If this doesn't work then I would start charging them rent!!!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back