Salt in plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to here,seems a good website, I have just finished a full house renovation, only I seem to have a wall with a salt build up in the plaster , the wall is the cable end and has a cavity built around 1960,the trouble I am having is I know there must be damp but can't find out what's the cause as the outside of the house was rendered but there there were massive chunks missing, nearly all the top half of that wall , so we took the lot of the wall was soaking so let it dry for 3 weeks then had the wall rendered with water proofed in it,the inside wall was plastered at the same time but took weeks to dry and still gets wet but I just don't know if it's the damp proof course that's failed or water bridging or the old cavity insulation that's wet ?? Ant ideas

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back