Plaster with salt growing out of it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: I live in a council house and 10 weeks ago they re rendered and plastered my room due to damp. 2 of the walls are still not dry and have what looks like salt crystals growing where the plaster is still wet . I cant paint or put down flooring until this is rectified . Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I can do to dry it out. the heating has been on the whole time.

Sponsored Links
The plaster is sucking moisture from the wall that it has been applied to....unfortunately it won't cease until the damp itself has been completely eradicated from that wall.
John :)

Effervescence caused by salt leeching out, unless they have cured the damp problem it will continue.

Sponsored Links
I say bring in a professional to do the job properly.
That's the problem with council houses, the council will always send cowboys in to do the job. Glad I don't live in one :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back