Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson arrested in bribery probe

I don't see you upset that with all this bribery and backhanders going on in the construction industry that its a reflection on the type of people who conduct it as it seems to me there is a strong prevalence they are white males.

Slough Borough Council had a track record for this sort of thing, all the cases I was made aware of showed a strong prevalence of people from the South Asian Subcontinent.

Sponsored Links
Slough council would be better off with a poll tax rather than council tax, given all the "garden room" rentals that exist there.

Slough council would be better off with a poll tax rather than council tax, given all the "garden room" rentals that exist there.

There was a huge delay acknowledging and or investigating that situation, exposure in the national press finally got things moving.
Quite a few were owned by councillors, there was a strong prevalence of people from the South Asian Subcontinent involved.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don't see you upset that with all this bribery and backhanders going on in the construction industry that its a reflection on the type of people who conduct it as it seems to me there is a strong prevalence they are white males.

Completely irrelevant, you are just being trendy and boring. I feel no obligation to be concerned with fashionable matters of "inclusion". Blackbirds and robins have been feeding in my garden today. I didn't worry that there were no puffins or caracaras with them.

Slough Borough Council had a track record for this sort of thing, all the cases I was made aware of showed a strong prevalence of people from the South Asian Subcontinent.

I've never been to Slough, but from your few succinct words I now know just what kind of place it is. It was bad in Betjeman's day, so I'd hate to see it now.

"Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough, it isn't fit for humans now. There isn't grass to graze a cow".

Both parties are guilty (read it again and you will see that's what I said) they have no moral fibre between them.

The only big businessman with moral fibre left is Donald Trump.

Well I was going to read the rest of this thread before deciding whether to comment or not but after reading the above highlighted sentence decided I didn't want to be drawn in to a pointless discussion about the said person.
What I will say about the thread title is, even though I have been away from Liverpool for about 8 years I am not surprised. Family and friends keep me abreast of things that happen there and, lets just say, he has never won the peoples popularity vote over the years.

Completely irrelevant, you are just being trendy and boring. I feel no obligation to be concerned with fashionable matters of "inclusion". Blackbirds and robins have been feeding in my garden today. I didn't worry that there were no puffins or caracaras with them.

Don't expect a response ; Gal has completely misunderstood the posts on here and has slunk off, hoping the thread will slowly die a death......

I've never been to Slough, but from your few succinct words I now know just what kind of place it is. It was bad in Betjeman's day, so I'd hate to see it now.

"Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough, it isn't fit for humans now. There isn't grass to graze a cow".

I think John Betjeman was off the mark slightly. I visited his grave at a small church in the middle of a golf course near Rock on the North coast, beautiful place, another church I like to visit on occasion is the one at St Just in Roseland, Betjeman described it as the most beautiful churchyards in the country, I think he may be right.

His poem about Slough was a protest about urban sprawl, I grew up on one of the surrounding council estates, built in the 50's by the GLC to cope with the overspill from an over populated London, at the time we lived in 'rooms' in a relatives house.
The estates were marvellous, a few thousand houses plus shops, pubs, churches, grammar schools, secondary modern schools, primary schools, doctors and dentists, all new, and available to all, I felt privileged to grow up there.

It's changed, beyond belief really, but it will always have a place in my heart.

quite a few years ago my local council decided to outsource council repairs to a private contractor....... so the bidding started and the winner was................. a councillors relation who never has had a business before but had recently started one..... what a coincidence ..... any way as a rough guide the cost to the local council for repairing a door was say£100........... this private company charged £75..... cheaper than the council but I know from fact that when that door was to be repaired suddenly the casing was damaged,the lock was damaged all need replacing so that £75 went to over £300 ......... after a couple of years of high costs it was taken back in house......... corruption is rife everywhere

quite a few years ago my local council decided to outsource council repairs to a private contractor....... so the bidding started and the winner was................. a councillors relation who never has had a business before but had recently started one..... what a coincidence ..... any way as a rough guide the cost to the local council for repairing a door was say£100........... this private company charged £75..... cheaper than the council but I know from fact that when that door was to be repaired suddenly the casing was damaged,the lock was damaged all need replacing so that £75 went to over £300 ......... after a couple of years of high costs it was taken back in house......... corruption is rife everywhere

I don't care what side of politics this is blatant fraud.

Did anything happen about it?

Thats original

I was pointing out your bigotry. Do keep up.

Don't expect a response ; Gal has completely misunderstood the posts on here and has slunk off, hoping the thread will slowly die a death......

They're spending their own money.

Those taking it are spending our money, when they're in positions of trust, and should be held to higher standards of behaviour.

No , I am saying that you cannot deny human nature. To do so would be naive at bes , foolish at worst.
Private companies will / should have checks and balances to eliminate or reduce these practices.

I am not defending them. I am acknowledging their existence.

So how is this a misunderstanding. So again why make the distinction between public and private? Bribery is illegal whether its your money or the public purse.

The public sector doesn't have these checks and balances? If they don't then who benefits when these contracts are awarded? The private sector.

It takes two to tango.

Sponsored Links