Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson arrested in bribery probe

B

Bodd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-55192375

I said on a recent thread how the building industry is corrupt.
Brown envelopes and all.
  • Council employees
  • councillors
  • MP's
are all in on it

Nosey rubbished the notion that the building industry is corrupt and the involvement of Gangsters.

This is the tip of the iceberg. This is why the likes of Grenfell is allowed to happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I work in housing, which was a council, and there was suspicion that brown envelopes were exchanged then, as we had works carried out to properties on paper, yet when they visited the properties, either some of the work was complete or none of it, yet they were paid for all of it!

Sponsored Links
Nice one Bodd. I rattle on about the problems ruining modern day life in this country, i.e. the benefits system, drugs, immigrants, audi drivers etc., but council corruption is another major one. Our town and city centres and the built environment in general are so unpleasant nowadays and it's all because of construction company and local council corruption. Our greatest buildings, i.e. those built before WW2, were designed as much for their lasting beauty as for their usefulness. Buildings now are made for maximum profit, maximum ground coverage and minimum spend. No other interest, least of all beauty, matters in the face of this greed. Only local councils can stop this, and they don't. Often because they need the money (to handout benefits to drug taking, audi driving immigrants) and often because a councillor has had a few "free lunches" provided by the local construction PLC.

Beauty matters - an ugly environment breeds ugly people.

Nice one Bodd. I rattle on about the problems ruining modern day life in this country, i.e. the benefits system, drugs, immigrants, audi drivers etc., but council corruption is another major one. Our town and city centres and the built environment in general are so unpleasant nowadays and it's all because of construction company and local council corruption. Our greatest buildings, i.e. those built before WW2, were designed as much for their lasting beauty as for their usefulness. Buildings now are made for maximum profit, maximum ground coverage and minimum spend. No other interest, least of all beauty, matters in the face of this greed. Only local councils can stop this, and they don't. Often because they need the money (to handout benefits to drug taking, audi driving immigrants) and often because a councillor has had a few "free lunches" provided by the local construction PLC.

Beauty matters - an ugly environment breeds ugly people.

It takes two to tango. What about the private companies providing the inducements?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-55192375

I said on a recent thread how the building industry is corrupt.
Brown envelopes and all.
  • Council employees
  • councillors
  • MP's
are all in on it

Nosey rubbished the notion that the building industry is corrupt and the involvement of Gangsters.

This is the tip of the iceberg. This is why the likes of Grenfell is allowed to happen.

Good news. Jenrick next for his deal with Desmond.

Then onto the PPE contracts.

It takes two to tango. What about the private companies providing the inducements?

What about them?
They're spending their own money.

Those taking it are spending our money, when they're in positions of trust, and should be held to higher standards of behaviour.

What about them?
They're spending their own money.

Those taking it are spending our money, when they're in positions of trust, and should be held to higher standards of behaviour.

Wait on. So its ok to give backhanders but not take them?

Can you tell me how I account for inducements.

Wait on. So its ok to give backhanders but not take them?

No , I am saying that you cannot deny human nature. To do so would be naive at bes , foolish at worst.
Private companies will / should have checks and balances to eliminate or reduce these practices.

OMG. The righteous covid saviour mouthpiece, is not so righteous? :rolleyes:

Best check the Manchester contacts next.

No , I am saying that you cannot deny human nature. To do so would be naive at bes , foolish at worst.
Private companies will / should have checks and balances to eliminate or reduce these practices.

That's like saying its ok for me to sell you the stolen goods but not for you to buy it. You cannot have different rules apply.

Come on Brig this sounds your defending kickbacks from private companies but not the public reps who take them.

There is no way to legally account for kickbacks bribes.

So unless I have misunderstood you, it's ok for private companies to operate with kickback payments?

https://www.gov.uk/anti-bribery-policy

It is illegal to offer, promise, give, request, agree, receive or accept bribes - an anti-bribery policy can help protect your business.

That's like saying its ok for me to sell you the stolen goods but not for you to buy it. You cannot have different rules apply.

Come on Brig this sounds your defending kickbacks from private companies but not the public reps who take them.

There is no way to legally account for kickbacks bribes.

So unless I have misunderstood you, it's ok for private companies to operate with kickback payments?

https://www.gov.uk/anti-bribery-policy

It is illegal to offer, promise, give, request, agree, receive or accept bribes - an anti-bribery policy can help protect your business.

I can't be any clearer, I am not defending them. I am acknowledging their existence.

Why do you have to put words into posters ' mouths, so to speak?

Both parties are guilty (read it again and you will see that's what I said) they have no moral fibre between them.

The decline of Christianity in Britain is to blame. Our rulers in the past, at local and national levels, were churchgoers. Not now. Many of the big businessmen and Captains of Industry in the past were philanthropical, due to their Christianity, and many built great, beautiful buildings to give away! Not now.

The lot of them are spivs. The only big businessman with moral fibre left is Donald Trump.

Sponsored Links