Living room/Conservatory UFH Floor tiling project.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
bit of a newbie here but have been devouring the info on this forum for the last couple of days to try and sort myself out for my upcoming venture into floor tiling.
I have just finished putting a conservatory on and knocking through/over/down various parts of the house and bar a bit of plastering which I hope to get done this weekend, the biggest bit of work left is putting down the UFH and tiling over it.
From info on here and some other stuff in the tileforums site i have got a rough idea of what I am doing but thought I would pop my head above the parapet and see if anyone can point out any blatant problems.

The floor is concrete throughout. Obviously the conservatory is only a few months old.
Tiles are porcelain (I think) 600x600x10mm from B&Q
Basically I was going to stick the 10mm insulationboards to the existing floor using adhesive. Lay the UFH cables on top and then encase the lot in a layer of Latexplan SLC. Got enough to do roughly 5mm depth.

Then I was going to tile over the top using Keraquick with latex plus (going to use this to stick insulation boards down with)
Haven't decided what grout to use yet but know it's got to be the flexible kind. Also going to use tiles as the skirting with a silicon join between wall/floor.
So thats basically what I am up to. Any major issues with me doing things that way?
A few other questions I have are:-

Which notched trowel to get? Was thinking 3mm for the isulation boards and a 12mm for the tiles.
Which cutter? Thinking Plasplugs contract £60 B&Q or Erbauer ERB180C from screwfix. Not the best I kno wbut I am not going into business doing this.
Other tools??

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back