Local authority - inspect and test

And spend the £100 to £200 you save on something that will actually do you some good, like better quality electrical fittings. :D
Or if you think about the number of notifiable jobs you'll do in a lifetime, spend less than all of those total hundreds on some books, some training, and some test equipment. Put yourself into the position where you know you are justified in issuing your own EICs.

Sponsored Links
An interesting topic which I have raised before. I feel that the main problem is how to find an electrician you can trust. Obviously, reccomendation is best, but I live in a small hamlet and have no one to ask, as mine is the only property in the village with an RCD, all the others are still on rewireable Wylex, so have never seen an electrician. I have normally allways done my own work (not officially qualified, but years of experience, all test gear and read the regs) but I about to have an extension built which includes a kitchen and rather than mess about with building regs I intend to employ a sparky, but am concerned that the rules may let me down. I know that in the last resort I can complain if its not right, but I would much prefer to have the job correct to start with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back