Locating Hard to Find Leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought of a way.

If you have a region of roof where you need to know exactly where the leak is coming from you can divide the roof say into 8 parts and hose each one in a different colour water.

8 packets of dye (tile grout die perhaps), using the darkest colour at the lowest of the eight regions, and working progressively upwards to the lightest colour and topmost region.

Would need bucket hose pump.

Then you can tell where the leak is from the colour of the interior stain and repair the right bit.

Another way is to get a bendy camera and stick it through a light socket.

Sponsored Links
Oh, Thank you so much for the suggestion. Actually, I had the same issue with my kitchen roof 3 years ago but I contacted Austin Roofers even I contacted many Roofing Company in Austin for this issue they came and inspected then they found the main area where my roof leaked and they replace that with a new one. and now I have no such kind of problem.

Last edited:
Just thought of a way.

If you have a region of roof where you need to know exactly where the leak is coming from you can divide the roof say into 8 parts and hose each one in a different colour water.

8 packets of dye (tile grout die perhaps), using the darkest colour at the lowest of the eight regions, and working progressively upwards to the lightest colour and topmost region.

Would need bucket hose pump.

Then you can tell where the leak is from the colour of the interior stain and repair the right bit.

Another way is to get a bendy camera and stick it through a light socket.[/QUOTE
How would you control dyed water so it did not mix leaving you none the wiser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back