how to solve a mysterious 4 year old leak

Hi All, sorry to come back to you on this but I’ve had to get a window fitter out and liaise with my neighbour upstairs.

The fitter suggested rendering the cill with beads or to replace the window.

The neighbour is keen on getting the cill rendered due to the lower cost. I’ve mentioned the lead tray to the fitter as you suggested but he doesn’t seem very keen to fit it as he doesn’t want to break the window getting it out and the neighbour is reluctant to have the window out aswell.

Would I be wasting my time in getting it rendered only, would it be likely to stop the leak if it is that?

Sponsored Links
I'd say render is a pretty crap solution to a 5 year old leak and having an exposed steel beam in the property. Get a tray fitted

The tray can only be fitted underneath the window then after the window is removed, it can’t just wrap around the outside of the cill?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I can get it rendered and use stormdry ontop and around the area, if anymore leaks to fit cavity tray after

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back