Major leak in kitchen - Builders/Roofers please help

The builder ran hose on brickwork and it came down the cavity wall, its not actually inside the cavity its coming down the outer face as such into the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
The builder ran hose on brickwork and it came down the cavity wall, its not actually inside the cavity its coming down the outer face as such into the kitchen.
So in that case didn't the builder say the fault is with the lead flashing:?::!:

great, you've done what you should have done at the "beginning" so to speak.
now, why not remove another brick just this side of the far window?

however, clean out all that sludgy debris of mortar, & make it clear just what we are looking at?
the cav tray material appears to have slumped into the cavity - this is a guarantee for leaks.
if thats a true cav tray then the RH end cap is missing.
the missing end cap could be allowing EPS blown-in cavity beads to spill on to the cav tray or whatever it is?
gray beads can be seen at the RH & LH sides of the opening, which is wrong for a continuous cav tray.

is the inside wall a timber framed wall?
the mortar appears to be very weak on cement?

the lead flashing should have been turned into the bed say 25mm.

OP,
whats going on - you've got this thread posted in two places ie building forum - and doubling up always causes problems and confusion, not to mention wasting the time of posters to the threads.
perhaps, ask the mods to delete one of the threads ?

Sponsored Links
Happy for moderators to do that. I was unsure if roofing or building issue hence both forums. Still am really. Cheers.

good to get more than one opinion. not everyone checks every heading.
Trays are usually fitted during construction by the bricklayer/builder in some cases.
Roofers are generally the ones that come to investigate the possible roof leak.
so reasonable, just do not post it in car mechanics ...

OP,
you took time out to reply to my post about double posting but for whatever reason you didn't answer any of my questions or supply any further pics from my post numbered post # 33?

good to get many opinions but not good to cause confusion.
"not everyone checks every heading" - not at all sure what that means?

you appear to be suggesting that its a good idea to double post in various forums just so long as various practices or possibilities are mentioned or implied in the original post.
then perhaps you could explain why the mods on here, & various similar sites i've visited, always crack down on double posting?

the OP is not a new guy - he's been on here since 2007.

you appear to be suggesting that its a good idea to double post in various forums just so long as various practices or possibilities are mentioned or implied in the original post.
then perhaps you could explain why the mods on here, & various similar sites i've visited, always crack down on double posting?

It wasn't me that said that about not everyone checks every heading.

But it means thay not all roofers will look at the building forum and vice versa.

As I said I am happy if one of the mods feel it me necessary to merge or delete the lesser thread, I was once a moderator on a forum too.

Sorry if I have somehow offended you, I simply wanted advice from as many sources as possible.

It's a forum. Double posting isn't the end of the world. Relax

OP,
you've not offended me.
you seem to have confused yourself - my second post #40 was pretty obviously directed at post #36, i even quoted from post #36.
so, unless you also post under two names, how come you seem to think it was directed at you?

A_Novice,
i am relaxed.
in fact, i'm very relaxed when i notice an excited someone jumping in with irrelevant comments.
i'm even extra relaxed when i'm alerted to the fact that this is a forum - no ordinary forum this, but one thats somehow possibly involved with the "end of the world".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back