Locating Magnaclean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying o get a magnaclean intalled on my sisters system,

Boilermate 2000 in upstairs airing cupboard, Suprima in kitchen. Now the F+E Tank Sits Just on top of the boiler mate, but thats also the only place I can fit a magnaclean, was gonna run flow+return from the bottom of the boilermate at the CH Return pipe, to the side of the boilermate and run the 2 Up to the top of the boilermate and sit the magnaclean on top.

Is this too high next to the F+E tank to work properly?

cheers

Sponsored Links
I can't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you uphold the sequence vent --> cold feed --> primary pump.

Is there space in front of the BM2000 to install the Magnaclean?

Clearly you'd have to modify the casing front panel.

If not, then on one side.

You could always install the Magnaclean on the return from the radiators, especially since that's where the vast majority of much will come from.

Spirovent magnabooster, easier to fit, more compact, better quality, cheaper. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yup, decided against the magnaclean, the problems less with Iron oxide and more with brown sludge which the magaclean cant catch.

Going to leave it for the time being after flushing the system and inhibiting properly to see how it goes, on a suprima so its not going to get too upset by a little debris in the system, think I may just end up flushing/reinhibibitiing every other year anyway.

Would like to see the spirovent magabooster, got any links/prices etc?

thumb_spirovent_dirt_vertical_22mmcomp_1.jpg

mmmm, it looks to me like the magnet is a gimmick, as it would only catch magnetite that had fallen through the labyrinth into the collection area :confused:

I've been surprised how much the spirovent can trap inside and it's so easy to empty customers do it themselves. The magnabooster is new out and the magnets effectiveness I haven't had time to access but it can't be any less effective than the fernox boiler buddy. Spirovents look like they'll stand the test of time, I don't think the magnaclean will last more than 5 years.

Yup, decided against the magnaclean, the problems less with Iron oxide and more with brown sludge which the magaclean cant catch.
The Twintech can.

Going to leave it for the time being after flushing the system and inhibiting properly to see how it goes
Yeah, just leave it, yeah, that'll be alright.

on a suprima so its not going to get too upset by a little debris in the system, think I may just end up flushing/reinhibibitiing every other year anyway.
Yeah, just let it corrode and flush out every year, yeah, and change the rads, yeah, that'll be alright.

Yeah, just let it corrode and flush out every year, yeah, and change the rads, yeah, that'll be alright.

Are you suggesting that a twintech filter would make any difference what so ever to the rate of corrosion from the radiators?

Im happy to leave the system as it is with a good amount of inhibitor in it preventing corrosion and checking it evey year as it should be done.

Are you suggesting that a twintech filter would make any difference what so ever to the rate of corrosion from the radiators?
Yes.

Are you suggesting that you're not capable of working out why?

Im happy to leave the system as it is with a good amount of inhibitor in it preventing corrosion and checking it evey year as it should be done.
Yeah leave it as it is, yeah, pretend that the inhibitor is working, yeah, no probs luvley jubbley job's a good 'un innit.

Yeah leave it as it is, yeah, pretend that the inhibitor is working, yeah, no probs luvley jubbley job's a good 'un innit.

Well thanks for your advice, we really should let the world know that for all these years we've been wasting money using inhibitor and its as much use as an extra litre of water in the system, im taking fernox to court if you'll testify for me!

Well thanks for your advice, we really should let the world know that for all these years we've been wasting money using inhibitor and its as much use as an extra litre of water in the system, im taking fernox to court if you'll testify for me!
Take your head out of the sand and read the MIs. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back