help with fitting a magnaclean on combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mornin all

I'm tryin to fit a magnaclean (at a friend's place) onto a combi boiler, but I'm struggling to find the suitable location. I fitted one at my place 6 months ago + all went well. But the pipework was alot more straight foward, I just put it after the last rad on the CH return pipe.

But at my mate's I'm not too sure what to do.

He seem's to have a seperate downstairs + upstairs CH return pipe that then joins up just before the boiler. Not even sure your supposed to do that, but it's only water i guess.....but not sure.

Trouble is there isn't enough room, to fit the magnaclean, after the elbow joint + before the CH return pipe goes into the boiler.......it's approx 4 inches. I'm guessin I'm gonna have to move the upstairs CH return pipe further down to get enough room?

Hope it make's sense. ;)

Sponsored Links
It has to go in the common part of the return. If necessary you'll have to bring the pipe sideways with elbows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back