Location of Relays Miele Dryer model T494C

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Much appreciate if anyone would advise where the relay/s are located & if they are plug in or soldered,

Sponsored Links
Much appreciate if anyone would advise where the relay/s are located & if they are plug in or soldered,

Almost certainly, they will be soldered in place. I have never come across domestic equipment where relays are socketed.

Thanks Harry, the exploded parts diagram illustrates only one relay (as a plug in type). That relay is for the heater bank. I wasn't sure if the cooling fan circuit also utilises that relay. After perusing the wiring diagram, I now think there are several relays in the control board. I what to verify the cooling fan relay is not faulty without pulling out the control board. I am thinking I could set the meter to read the AC volts at L & N terminals on the connector plug (motor end) with cool air mode selected. If there is voltage on the terminals that should verify the relay is working.

I am thinking I could set the meter to read the AC volts at L & N terminals on the connector plug (motor end) with cool air mode selected. If there is voltage on the terminals that should verify the relay is working.

Would it not be easier to just trace the wiring back, from the motor, back to the pcb, then along the tracks of the pcb to the actual relay? Even if the wiring is not colour coded, it should be able to check them out by testing continuity, with your meter. All much safer than testing with mains..

I would not expect an L to E, or N to E fault to present itself on the pcb, or the relay - more likely will be such a fault on the wiring or the motor.

Sponsored Links
Would it not be easier to just trace the wiring back, from the motor, back to the pcb, then along the tracks of the pcb to the actual relay? Even if the wiring is not colour coded, it should be able to check them out by testing continuity, with your meter. All much safer than testing with mains..

I would not expect an L to E, or N to E fault to present itself on the pcb, or the relay - more likely will be such a fault on the wiring or the motor.
OK thanks Harry, do you know if the manis power connector has a fuse? From the wiring diagrams I have seen, I am not 100% sure if it does.

I have no idea, I don't have one, nor have I seen the diagrams.
OK thanks Harry. I've seen some wall plugs that are fused (not a standard thing in AUS). I wondered if they might have to fuse the power connection terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back