How to enter Miele Novotronic T494C Service Mode

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dear all,

Since a few days, my tumble dryer Novotronic T494C does not want to dry until the end.
It turns for 5-10 minutes (heating) but ends the cycle before the clothes have been dried.

I always cleaned the filters after every turn.
I cleaned the condensor filter behind the lower left pane.

A few weeks ago, it did shut off the home circuit 2 times. After a power cycle, it was running again.

I wanted to start it in service mode, but I can't seem to get into it.
I used the following procedure:
but that didn't work out.

Could somebody help me further on how to get it into service mode and how to understand the error codes?

Many thanks

Günther

Sponsored Links
Door closed
Machine off
Dial at 12 o'clock
Hold Short and Start down and turn it on using the power button.

What are the brushes like?
How long does the cycle go on for before it turns off?

Hello Richard,

I just tried your procedure.
It gets me in a modus where the upper right led starts blinking but nothing happens, not even when turning the dial button.
I tried to dry some wet clothes and it ran it's whole procedure in 3 minutes, so still very wet. But it did use hot air because the clothes were warm. I used the second option to the right when starting at 12 o'clock.
What do you mean with the brushes?
Thanks for your reply!

The machine has carbon brushes.

The machine "reads" the "wetness" from the drum paddles and the brushes send the signal from the rotating drum to the electronics.
If the brushes are worn the machine can stop on sensor drying programs.

Check there is no build-up of fabric softener on the paddles.

I am assuming you are saying that the sensor drying doesn't work but does the timed cycle work?

Sponsored Links
Hi Richard,

I tested the time cycle but this one stops as well after a few minutes.
I will nevertheless open the plate to see if I can see something if that sounds good to you.

If the timed function doesn't work then perhaps it is not the brushes.

The timed heating does not take into account the dryness.
I have the same model machine and it had an issue where it would stop after 30 seconds. Mine had a problem with the thermal cut-out and it never heated.
You may have another issue.

When it does stop, are any lights showing on the indicator? (Other than Finish/Anti-crease)

In service mode, when you turn the dial to Woolens and press start, what lights are displayed on the side indicator?

Hi Richard,

I unscrewed the door and I removed all the dust from everywhere.
Then I turned it on again and it ran a full cycle for more than 90 minutes, but strangely, the towels were still quite humid.
It's like it's heating and running, but not warm enough (even on the highest level).
When the cycle is finished, there are no lights shown on the indicator other than Finish.
I will try the service mode again to check what you asked me.
Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back