Lock for internal door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I need some advice about a lock for an internal wooden door please. I am replacing my internal wooden doors and have bought some hollow core doors. One door leads out to a small utility room and currently locks. Please see photos of current door lock and inside of door frame. I have bought new door handles, the lever on rose type and also 76mm door latches. TBH when I bought the new handles I forgot that one of the doors locked but if possible I would still like to be able to lock it. I've looked online but I don't really understand door locks. Is a 3 lever mortise sashlock the right one? Would I need an escutcheon? I keep seeing the word euro but I can't follow what that is. In case you're wondering I won't be fitting them myself, I'll be getting a joiner to do it but I want to have all the stuff ready beforehand. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. PS - I don't want to keep the existing latch, I want to replace it with a chrome one.

Attachments

• door 001.JPG
    door 001.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 207
  • door 002.JPG
    door 002.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ty very much. But I think I'll get a sashlock because it has a latch.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A hollow door is made of air, wrapped in an ornamental layer of hardboard, so a lock will not do much good.

that's good, it will prevent the door blowing open in the wind.

A hollow door will not keep much else out. A cat, maybe.

Hello diy_fun. I bought a 3 lever chrome sashlock from Screwfix and a standard escutcheon from Toolstation. They were the right ones so thank you for your help.The doors are all now fitted and look great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back