locked with no key (eurolock)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved and in "my" new garage there is a side door which i have no key for. so how do i get the lock to open?

i've had a bash at it already and drilled out the lock barrel and removed the little plungers but it now only turns without unlocking :confused:

Before anyone mentions the previous owner, well i have already asked for a key via my solicitor (the only way she will communicate!!) and she is maintaining she has given me the key :confused: The woman is a real PITY but its one reason we managed to buy the house as no one else put up with her.

Sponsored Links
You need to engage the cam on euro profile cylinders for them to unlock the door.
I don't know where you drilled, a picture would be good.
To engage the cam you need to push something right to the back of the barrel ie a key or flat bit of steel, then turn the barrel and it will unlock

if you get a pair of vice grips on the barrel wiggle it up and down the barrel will snap off then you can remove it and turn the inside of the lock

l do lock picking
bumping the cylinders is a hit or miss you you can pick them but takes lots of practice picking the 5 pins usually takes me a wee while depending how many security pins there are in it
vice grips if the barrel isnt sticking out that far then remove the handles

a new barrel will cost you about £4

Sponsored Links
l do lock picking
bumping the cylinders is a hit or miss you you can pick them but takes lots of practice picking the 5 pins usually takes me a wee while depending how many security pins there are in it

a new barrel will cost you about £4

Or you can spend £15 - £20 and get a Anti Snap Anti Bump Cylinder to prevent someone doing the same and robbing you.

Even though the information you proveded is on the web, I don't think it wise to publish it even more.

Even though the information you proveded is on the web, I don't think it wise to publish it even more.

On the contrary, it is very wise to inform people just how insecure their nice new multi-locking plastic doors are.

The sales rep will make a big issue of the locking mechanism, locking pins and frame reinforcement ... but will forget one tiny thing ..... the lock just snaps off :rolleyes:

well said
education is what it is all about the ones with the metal bar will stop it happening shouldnt more people be told
most folk now do know so why not tell the others there 5 lever 3 piont locking system isnt up to it
l only fit the more secure type wouldnt you?
the newer ones will snap off leaving one cylinder still intact

hope this helps just one person to make there house safe

you can find out anything on the Internet even wee videos to show you how

cant stop maybe prevent
do you not think the insurance companies should be insisting on them instead of just five lever locks?

On the contrary, it is very wise to inform people just how insecure their nice new multi-locking plastic doors are.

The sales rep will make a big issue of the locking mechanism, locking pins and frame reinforcement ... but will forget one tiny thing ..... the lock just snaps off :rolleyes:

I agree that it is very wise to inform people just how insecure the standard cylinders can be and am all for that, however I ment instructions on how to open these type of doors.

l see your point but really how many burglars dont know about them and how many members of the public do
l know a crime prevention officer whos job it was to go round all the lock making manufacturers and try to advise them on prevention

one advert on tele and you would find no more problem for the public would all change them ...

crime prevention
not bury your head and hope

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back