Locks- ABS

Sponsored Links
the blurb says:

"Cylinder locks are the most common type of lock for residential and commercial properties, yet, did you know a majority of these low-standards locks can be broken into in just 3 minutes?"

My answer:

So don't get a cylinder lock, get a British Standard 5-lever deadlock.
Can't be snapped, can't be bumped.

Simples.

Also, I would not use a company that misleadingly used the Chubb brand name.

the blurb says:

"Cylinder locks are the most common type of lock for residential and commercial properties, yet, did you know a majority of these low-standards locks can be broken into in just 3 minutes?"

My answer:

So don't get a cylinder lock, get a British Standard 5-lever deadlock.
Can't be snapped, can't be bumped.

Simples.

Also, I would not use a company that misleadingly used the Chubb brand name.

Can you get them for 5-point locks for PVC doors?

I don't understand about the Chubb brand name. If it was misleading, shouldn't the Chubb company have pursued them in law?

yes and yes, except that the owners of the Chubb trademark have now withdrawn the licence to use it on ordinary locks. The company and its assets such as designs, patents and factories have been bought, sold, broken up, asset-stripped and filleted several times.
They still use the name on custodial locks, but the company that makes them is separate from the company that makes the locks formerly branded as Chubb, now mostly branded as Union. Perhaps they don't know or can't be bothered.

I don't suppose that midlands merchant has it above the door of their bricks and mortar premises, more likely they just use it to deceive people on the 'net.

http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/...lus_5_lever_lock_timber_and_upvc_doors/208378

There may be other makers.

Sponsored Links
Back