Locks- ABS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm moving home and I'm looking at new locks for the property when I came across ABS locks.

From what they say, it sounds like a good lock but I'm not a locksmith. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks- Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm moving home and I'm looking at new locks for the property when I came across ABS locks.

From what they say, it sounds like a good lock but I'm not a locksmith. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks- Matt

I have heard they are rubbish.

Sponsored Links
Well I am neither a locksmith nor a burglar, but they were recommended to my elderly parents by a locksmith. They havent been burgled.... not that that proves anything :LOL:

Have a chat with the local police crime prevention officer.

They will be able to advise you on all aspects of securing your home and possibly recommend the best locks for your new home.

And its all free!

(Someone will now come in and say no it isn't because its paid for out of your council tax. :rolleyes: :LOL: )

Sorry to contradict Squeaky, but I am of the opinion that they are the best.

I changed our (crappy) Eurolocks for these ABS locks last year - a five minute job, btw. I certainly did my homework beforehand and discovered that they have several features that make them better than other brands. You'll have to look online for yourself, but a couple that I remember are:

- One of the pins is ferromagnetic and is attracted to the appropriate depression on the key, which contains a small magnet. This, apparently, precludes the possibility of tapping on the lock in order to make the pins jump until they align. A common burglar activity.

- The barrel has a weakened waist near the opening which overcomes the common practice of breaking off the barrel with a pair of pliers - another burglar tactic. The outer portion will break off, but leaves the rest of the barrel in situ keeping the lock secure. A genuine key will still turn the lock.

I can genuinely assure you that I have not been burgled since fitting the locks.

Mind you, we'd never been burgled beforehand either! :LOL:

Sorry to contradict Squeaky, but I am of the opinion that they are the best.

I changed our (crappy) Eurolocks for these ABS locks last year - a five minute job, btw. I certainly did my homework beforehand and discovered that they have several features that make them better than other brands. You'll have to look online for yourself, but a couple that I remember are:

- One of the pins is ferromagnetic and is attracted to the appropriate depression on the key, which contains a small magnet. This, apparently, precludes the possibility of tapping on the lock in order to make the pins jump until they align. A common burglar activity.

- The barrel has a weakened waist near the opening which overcomes the common practice of breaking off the barrel with a pair of pliers - another burglar tactic. The outer portion will break off, but leaves the rest of the barrel in situ keeping the lock secure. A genuine key will still turn the lock.

I can genuinely assure you that I have not been burgled since fitting the locks.

Mind you, we'd never been burgled beforehand either! :LOL:

Hi JBR

that's ok. I'm sure they are a great product but I think the post might be spam :?:

Hi JBR

that's ok. I'm sure they are a great product but I think the post might be spam :?:

Ah, I see. I do realise, of course, that this forum is plagued by spam, but I thought that was mainly kitchens!
The site that the link goes to is of what I think is a reputable company, at least.

I followed JB in buying those locks and they are the only security cylinder with both TS007 3 STAR and SS 312 Sold Secure Diamond accreditations.

They are excellent.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Lets hope that the post is genuine then and they have some good replies

Sponsored Links
Back