Lockshield vavle? Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have this valve on my towel radiator:

I need to change the bleed valve at the top as it looks like the rubber o-ring has failed and under pressure its it leaking slightly. How do I close the lockshield? Do i need to use an allen key, insert it and turn it clockwise?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kev, just nice to be reassured :) Assume I count the turns to keep the system balanced when I open it up again?

Sponsored Links
If your quick I wouldn't even bother locking off the valve. Undo the vent then with your finger used as a bung replace rubber and screw the vent back in.

Live on the edge once in a while eh ;) plumbers time is money get in get the job done and get out... if you have the knack, same outcome less work. :D

And if it's pressurised to 2 bar and the original poster is asking about the "O" ring round the half inch outside of the bleed valve

23500089.gif

he'll get soaked AND need to repressurise the system :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ned presumably wouldn't bother. :rolleyes:
Shut both valves and let the first squirt of water out through the bleed.

Chances are its a bathroom, top floor, chances of air in that rad. All things considered you could get away with it... I wouldn't normally do it on a rad downstairs but the fact that its a towel rad with the vent on top and its an upstairs rad you wont get gushes of water out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back