Loft aerial cable through wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

1st post

I have purchased a loft aerial, and I want to drop the wire down into the cavity between an internal wall and install an aerial socket for the TV in the master bedroom. (hope that makes sense)

Sounded simple. BUT....got up into the loft and there appears to be a wooden joist covering the cavity. Tried drilling a hole through this but then hit something very solid seeming, stone/concrete or metal.

I really don't want to make a hole in the ceiling as this looks crap

Any advice/help would be most appreciated

It's a 60's detached house in Bristol

Thanks

Jason

Sponsored Links
Cables should not really be installed in cavities. Building regulations say that that you should not bridge the cavity in a way likely to lead to the ingress of water. Anything inside a cavity, except specially designed building components such as wall ties (maybe this is the metal you have hit) or cavity trays could transfer moisture from the outside skin to the inside. Also if cavity wall insulation was added later this could damage a cable.

Is there an alternative route? for example down through an airing cupboard, built in wardrobe, or behind the curtains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back