Loft Boarding and PIPES ahahahahah

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im wanting to board my loft, but I have pipe work problems

Take a look at the video

http://youtu.be/ZX147lczYOo

Basically I need the cheapest option to by pass and board over these pipes.
They are from when we got the combi boiler fitted a couple of year back.
Is this a messy job or just normal?

I think I will need a plumber to re pipe these whats your thoughts

Thanks Kev

Sponsored Links
If they`re not frightened /uninsurable for Hot Working ( blowlamp) in the attic - I would guess aTon£ plus parts , , can`t see a pukka job for less. Unfortunately it is a messy job you`ve got - but that`s normal now :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is your boiler in the loft? If not it may be possible to do away with most, or all of that pipework.

Thanks for the replies

The boiler is in the cupboard on the opposite side below the loft.

Where's the pipe insulation? Did you remove it for the video?

Not a great job, but seems to be quite common standard of work these days.

Hi, no insulation on these pipes im affraid, I thought that it didn't seem like the best job in the world, but under the circumstances it was a kinda of a rush job, few days before christmas, we had no heating for a week prior and they said they would squeeze it in before xmas.
I think they have just bodged it together any old way because it was out of sight.
Just a run of the mill combi coming from back boiler (carbon minoxide leak from back boiler thank heavens for the ALARM), they were here for 12 hours and completed in the day £1400 it cost

Hi, no insulation on these pipes im affraid, I thought that it didn't seem like the best job in the world, but under the circumstances it was a kinda of a rush job, few days before christmas, we had no heating for a week prior and they said they would squeeze it in before xmas.
I think they have just bodged it together any old way because it was out of sight.
Just a run of the mill combi coming from back boiler (carbon minoxide leak from back boiler thank heavens for the ALARM), they were here for 12 hours and completed in the day £1400 it cost

£1400 to convert from back boiler to combi. That's a cheap job, and it shows. If it's not insulated, then the job isn't even finished. Wonder what other horrors are lurking.

Just make sure that the pipes are insulated before winter, otherwise could be messy if it freezes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back