Combi boiler pipes in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi newbie here.
IMG-20200920-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20200920-WA0002.jpg I've just had a valiant combi fitted in the kitchen onto mains lead pipe (unaware until the combi was fitted) which raises to the loft. I really want this lead pipe replaced but was wondering where exactly this new pipe would connect to in my kitchen. Is it into the combi itself or by my kitchen taps. Also in my loft the lead pipe is connected to copper pipe which goes to bathroom etc and was wondering how this new main supply pipe would connect to the pipes in the loft. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20200920-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200920-WA0001.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG-20200920-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200920-WA0000.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG-20200920-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200920-WA0003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 275
Sponsored Links
Did you have a conventional system before that? Reason I ask is that I ended up with something similar (without the lead piping) when I had my conventional system replaced with a sealed/unvented. I think they did away with most pipes to my tank/expansion tank and connected the mains (that went to the cold water tank) to the outlet that came from the tank to the hot water cylinder. I assumed it was easier for them and cheaper for me than ripping all the floor up. You could do with some insulation on those pipes though.

Yes I had a conventional system before. So if I get a lead pipe replacement would the pipes in the loft be gone as the lead main is connected to them . I'm abit lost on where the new pipe connection goes in the kitchen. Does it go into the combi or into the pipes by tap.

Sponsored Links
Hi denso13, so if I got the lead main replaced they would have to go up to the loft aswell to disconnect lead and reconnect the pipes aswell. The people I've had quotes off don't mention the lead in the loft being disconnected just the pipe to the kitchen being fitted.

Thats a rubbish bit of installation- tubes flailing all over the place, no clips, no insulation. Hope it was a cheap job.

You need to get them back in and show them everything. Then specify what it is you want and ask them to quote to that.

I.E. : New mains supply to replace lead + new hot and cold supplies run to feed upstairs bathroom and then disconnect/remove everything in the loft - shouldn't be difficult unless the bathroom pipework is in as bad a state as it is in the loft, even then it should still be doable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back