What kind of pipe is this and what fittings can I use to connect into it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am converting an old kitchen into a bedroom and want to remove the water pipes. They come down from the loft and feed the kitchen sink and then go through the wall to the bathroom.

So I want to bring the pipes from the loft directly into the bathroom. They are copper in the kitchen but the only place I can gain access to them in the bathroom they are plastic. So I need to bring a pipe down from the loft and connect into the existing plastic pipes in the bathroom (I cannot replace the feed to the shower as it is going behind tiles. Now I know there are different kinds of plastic pipe and I am not sure if the fittings are interchangeable.

Can anyone tell me what kind of pipe this is and what I can use to connect into it? Sorry my pictures are of the plastic fittings rather than the grey plastic pipe that I need to connect to before the copper.

If these are old Hep2o fittings can I use the new style fittings with the old grey pipe? There are no markings on the grey pipe but it is more rubbery to the touch.

What pipe would it be and what kind of straight connector can I use to connect new to existing?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 170
Sponsored Links
I am converting an old kitchen into a bedroom and want to remove the water pipes. They come down from the loft and feed the kitchen sink and then go through the wall to the bathroom.

So I want to bring the pipes from the loft directly into the bathroom. They are copper in the kitchen but the only place I can gain access to them in the bathroom they are plastic. So I need to bring a pipe down from the loft and connect into the existing plastic pipes in the bathroom (I cannot replace the feed to the shower as it is going behind tiles. Now I know there are different kinds of plastic pipe and I am not sure if the fittings are interchangeable.

Can anyone tell me what kind of pipe this is and what I can use to connect into it? Sorry my pictures are of the plastic fittings rather than the grey plastic pipe that I need to connect to before the copper.

If these are old Hep2o fittings can I use the new style fittings with the old grey pipe? There are no markings on the grey pipe but it is more rubbery to the touch.

What pipe would it be and what kind of straight connector can I use to connect new to existing?

Many thanks!

The fittings pictured are John Guest Speed fit fittings.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. After a bit more research I am going along with the theory that it is speedfit pipe and I am going to connect my hep2o pipe to it with a compression fitting using a speedfit pipe insert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back