Loft ceiling question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
We have conditioned our loft for storage, we raised the beams add insulation and boarded it. As we want to store some electrical equipment we decided to insulate between the rafters and we used celotex between the rafters leaving the 5cm gap. Now we would like to cover the insulation to make it look nicer. So we have some discussion about the material to use, I think plasterboard is the way to go, the thiner 9mm ones, but my partner think it is too heavy for the ceiling and not flexible enough, so he thinks we should go for hardboard, and then paint it, what I think it is a pain and it will not as look nice......Any help please???
And something else. Do we have to put something betwwen the celotex and the board, some foil/membrane?
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We want to have our big computer were we have stored quite a load of movies and access remotely from the house. Cold we do not think it will be a problem but not the same about heat. So we rather have some insulation...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back