Loft conversion advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where do I start with this loft to convert to a room? Or at least to do most of the prep work.
The joists are 3" x 2" and approx. 400mm apart, presumably require upgrading.
Upgrade to what size and how do you get them up there.

The 5 trusses if thats what they are called are approx. 1700mm apart and need to come out but what needs to be put in its place to provide support?

Loft floor space is 8.1m long (gable end to adjoining property) x 5.7m wide.

Currently the height is 2.57m at the highest point.

Not entirely sure what the pitch of the roof is! Looking at the gable end outside would say 45 degrees.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
If it helps make friends with your local building control person. I got mine to come out and we went through my whole house and I explained what short term and long term plans were including replacing my current rubbish loft conversion. Well worth it.

Also my architect came up with a layout I would never have come up with which saves space downstairs and gives me an extra room upstairs so a good architect it a must.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back