Loft Conversion: Bathroom Extractor fan, is this ok?

are you taking it down the roof slope and out through the eaves?

I'd have thought a roof vent would be simpler, provided you have a competent roofer who can make a hole without causing leaks.

Hi
No, just 1.5m down the slope.

I was going to put a roof pantile vent but the thickness of the this tile vent is too big in depth so won’t work.

Sponsored Links
C27D79C6-1F15-48DF-AF49-C738ADD71D70.jpeg
Like this , see pic attached. Just 1.5m down to an remote in-line fan

you could use rectangular ducting, which is a bit thinner and easier to insulate. Insulate between duct and cold roof, not duct and warm room.

Sponsored Links
you could use rectangular ducting, which is a bit thinner and easier to insulate. Insulate between duct and cold roof, not duct and warm room.

wont work I’m afraid . Rectangular ducting is too wide to fit the space between the rafters…

Why can't it just go up straight through the roof instead of all that messing about?

Why can't it just go up straight through the roof instead of all that messing about?

yep, I just been up and realised. I will just get a zone 1 fan connected to 100mm duct to a pantile roof vent (I have install at the front of the house for ventilation). this vent has a 100mm port for mechanical ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back