LOFT CONVERSION- CALCULATING RADIATOR SIZE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, be patient with me....

My husband and I are having our loft area converted into a bedroom. I want to ensure that we have the correct radiator size hence my stumbling into DIYNOT territory!

The room being converted measures 6.5 meters by 3.5 meters. Height 2 meters. x2 large velux windows- 1 meter by 1.5 meters. Room sits above existing bedroom. Our house is over 100 years old (thus I'm not sure re: cavity etc- I'm a nurse not a builder. Loft space will be well insulated. :confused: ). There are x3 external walls.

Can anyone advise re: correct size of radiator and best positioning?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Approx. 13400 BTU's, position radiator on any flat wall but not behind head board or you will wake up with a headache.

Andy

I did one recently - for a M8 after my son had plastered the room ;) I, of course used pythag. and normal area calcs. to realise the exact heat requirement for the room - then bought an old rad for £3.00 of eBay ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back