Loft Conversion Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am soon to be having my loft in my mid terrace converted to a bedroom with en suite. This is being done by a loft conversion company all to the regs.

Could anyone tell me whether or not the lights in the ceiling of the new room and ensuite have to be fire rated?

I'm keen to sort out my specs for the lights before they start so want to check out whats available. I've been looking at some engery saving lights that come both in fire and non fire rated enclosures.

Also the lights in the exisiting bathroom on the first floor do not currently have fire covers or are the fire rated.
Understandably these will need to be "up graded" to fire rated, but what the best way, change them all, or put fire covers over them to suit? They are standard gu10 240v reflectors.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
You would only "normally" provide fire resistance within the existing floor to the loft room(s) so in my opinion, that is where you would have to provide fire resisting top hats, thus maintaining. 30min fire resistance.

Remember that a min. standard of 1 in 5 new light fittings have to be energy efficient/low energy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back