Loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Hope this is in the right place as I have 2 questions, I want to create a room in the loft for storage which is partitioned off from the rest of the loft so that it can be heated and also kept clean.

I have 2 questions, does anybody have any experience/comments to make about using metal stud work over timber, in terms of weight and ease of use. Also would I have to do anything with the floor joists for this project. I have 5.5'' x 2'' joists currently and I am hoping that I will not have to strengthen these. Hence my thoughts about using metal rather than timber stud work.

Please move if not in correct place, :)

Thanks
Andrew

Sponsored Links
metal stud is ideal theres less weight and its a lot quicker to install, the floor joists sound ok,once youve layed the floor that will strengthen it and aslong as your not storing gold bullion up there it should be sound.

Ah well I guess I will need to cash in a bar or 2 to get the joists upgraded, the market is just not what it should be at the moment and so I was waiting for the latest earnings figures from the U.S. to sell ....... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back