loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd really like to get a loft conversion. We currently live in a 2 bed terraced house but could really do with the extra space. Before I get a builder in to give us a quote, I need to convince my husband. He is a DIY enthusiast so is there any jobs he could do himself to keep costs low and has anyone got an idea of price. If its going to be around £20k then there is no way hubby will go for it but if it can cost as little as £5k then I'm sure he will. Anyone with any info please reply.

Sponsored Links
i'm having mine done soon i hope. ive been given a rough idea when i know for sure i'll reply to you anyway here's what ive been told floor around £1500to£2000
velux window if your not having a dormer around £600 stairs don't know what im doing yet pulldown or build? walls, ceiling,wiring and anything else i'm doing myself.£5000 would be plenty but if you wish to sell and class it as a bedroom when you do it will cost more because of regulations,everything has to be spot on i.e firedoors,proper stairs.hope this has been of help if not sorry.

Make sure you get a chartered surveyor or architect on the job, and go to the planning office. they will give you all the rules and regulations you need to follow. Its a long and dusty job. We have been quoted about 20K

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back