considering loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am considering loft conversion and wondering if it would be worthwhile. I live in a 1 bedroom back to back terrace. I can take space out of the bedroom for a staircase. Would i get much useable space for it to be worthwhile and does anyone have any idea of cost. Have tried searching the net for examples of my type of property but to no avail.

Sponsored Links
What size is your house, what is the layout, what type of roof structure do you have in the roof, how much headroom could you get etc etc? Has anyone in your street done a conversion, look for tell-tale rooflights. Its likely to add value but whether it will make a profit depends on location, price you paid, if you intend to move soon, the state of the housing market etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Even the smallest of 1 bed bungalows can be converted, whether they're worth doing depends on what you mean by if it would be worthwhile!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back