loft converted - bathroom extractor/fan location help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently moved into a bungalow which has previously (some years ago) had the loft converted. It is my intention to install an extractor fan into the bathroom upstairs but I am puzzled as to where to locate it as there is no space to run the extraction hose or place the fan.

Normally I assume the fan would be placed in a loft and vent into the loft and to the outside world via a vent-tile or a soffit-vent.

The space between the bathroom wall/ceiling is packed with insulation and i presume noggins or tile battens will hinder passing a hose through the gap between the roof and the plasterboard. This gap looks about 4" at the most (not measured it).

I dont think i can run the hose through the ceiling slope space and into the void; which is where i intended on mounting the fan and vent

* If i place the fan directly above in the [tiny] ceiling void could i then vent directly through the roof.

As always a picture is worth a thousand words..

... any ideas/tips welcome

Sponsored Links
Ooops - I messed up there just posted the thumbnails.. Post updated with full sized imagery :)

What's on the other side of this wall

screenshot_145.jpg

?

Sponsored Links
So no route to the outside through that wall.

You should try the building forum - it's not really an electrical problem.

BTW - is that plan right? Seems odd for the shower to be big enough to lie down in, and the bath so small that you can't...

The diagram is correct - its just not to scale.

How do i cross post / move this subject to the building forum?

You could use the Alert Moderators button and ask them to move it.

But I think you'd be better off posting a new topic, and including a plan with enough accuracy in it so that the shower doesn't look twice as big as the bath. It doesn't have to be accurate enough to build from, but people do have to be able to rely on knowing where the walls are in relation to each other, etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back