Loft extension staircase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm trying to get my head around the bannister wall of my stairwell opening.
Our loft is attic trusses we replaced the entire roof as it was cheaper than converting it.
My constant struggle has been getting enough room for a 1700mm Bath in the upstairs bathroom and a reasonable landing width. I've done this by reducing the bathroom to a 3" stud wall.
I've now got a landing width of 880mm.
My preformed staircase opening is 1.06mtr wide by 3.21mtr long.
I still have to form up the end wall of the staircase and the side inline with the bannister. My thought is to build this up inside the opening so I don't reduce the landing width. But it has to be in a line surely?

See attached pictures..

The staircase will be a step. In 3 turn at bottom then 3 turn at top if I recall right when I did the planner

Attachments

• IMG_20230827_192522.jpg
    IMG_20230827_192522.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230827_192553.jpg
    IMG_20230827_192553.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry to be cheeky and hijack your thread - but how did you get on with replacing the roof with attic trusses and any advice as we're considering it for our loft conversion?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back