loft hatch hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I would like to make a loft hatch up so it swings on hinges ready for my loft ladder, but the problem I have is where the ceiling has been double plaster boarded the hinge is not deep enough to get a fixing in the joist so what im after is a hinge that is deep one side with the fixing hole high up and I would like it either crome or brushed chrome finish,but I am unable to find such item
thanks col

Sponsored Links
Perhaps a parliament hinge would do the job, adapted by cutting off part of one leaf and drilling new countersunk holes (depending what the level of the hatch is in the opening). I don't know if you'll be able to find one that's not steel or brass; you may have to forego the chrome finish.

Alternatively, you could devise a way of fixing a batten to the edge of the opening, over the double plasterboard, where you want to fix the hinges, then fix the hinges to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back