Loft Insulation Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to insulate our loft, 3 bed end terraced house 1950's. Black type sheeting is backing tiles on inside of roof, but no existing insulation between rafters (100 mm). No roof ventilation tiles either. I'm thinking of just laying the stuff that you literally unroll and lay from B&Q its about £5 per roll (i.e. insulation remains in a plastic type covering with a foil back). Is this stuff ok to use if there is no existing insulaiton / on its own or should you only use it on top of existing insulation? Any advice welcome including what i should consider using if this isn't suitable. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
i would go for the none plastic coated, an choose the normal glas fibre roll as it wont sweat, if yours is an older property.

please note 7 which is here

modern building regs state 250mm min insulation but in our hose ive laid 100mm then put 3"x1" on top then laid chipboard for light storage .the 3"x1" aids ventilation in between

Sponsored Links
Thanks wambangers. We got 200mm but can always top up and also bought loft boards for storage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back