Loft Insulation With Noggins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Need some advice.
Currently doing a loft extension and need to put the insulation down on the floor between the joists. Normally this would be an easy affair as it would be a straight 'roll it out' type job. The problem i have is that there are many noggins between the joists.

How would one lay insulation in such a noggin situation?

Seems to me there are two choices here.

1. Somehow try and fit the insulation UNDER the noggins (no idea if this is going to work but there should be enough space for them to fit. Once this is done, cut the insulation so that it fits between each noggin ie I would end up with a double layer of insulation.

2. Fit the insulation between the noggins only.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that insulation needs be in one length only which is why i suggested option 1.

Help, need to do this at the weekend.

Thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
Insulating the loft is not as an exact science as you are making out.

Either cut the insulation so that it is fitted either side of the noggin or go over it. Current standards ask for one layer between the joists and another at 90 degrees across the joists so the nogg's are immaterial.

What do you mean by "loft extension"?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back