1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Loft insulation with rigid material

Discussion in 'Floors, Stairs and Lofts' started by Aphobos, 30 Dec 2005.

1. Aphobos

Aphobos

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The ceiling of the top floor of our house is made with wooden beams about 50cm apart and tongue and grooved timber nailed on top. This gives a flat floor in the loft, (the rafters are underneath) but there is no insulation at all.
    I want to lay rigid insulation material directly on top of the loft floor; 2 layers, done in a way so that the joints between each sheet of the bottom layer is covered by the top layer. I will seal with some sort of foam, around the edge of floor/ceiling as at the moment you can see daylight from downstairs.
    Should I cover this insulation with any sort of plywood material ? Has anybody used a similar method or been in a similar situation?

2. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local