Loft Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had someone round earlier today regarding loft insulation, we need to get additional insulation but the whole loft is boarded, what happens here do I need to lift all the boarding in order to lay the insulation underneath it?

Their documentation states insulation can be laid over the boarded area, is this correct?

Sponsored Links
do I need to lift all the boarding in order to lay the insulation underneath it?

Unless you have space there, this is pointless as compressed insulation loses efficiency.

Their documentation states insulation can be laid over the boarded area, is this correct

It can be, but it then shouldn't be walked on which is presumably why it is boardrd.

Thanks, I'll intend to leave a small walk way which wont be insulated (to get to water tank etc) and will have to raise the boarding or fit some shelves on the party wall.

Apparently we have 3 inches of insulation and should have 12

Make sure they don't insulate under tank. You want some heat-leakage to prevent freeezing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back