Loft ladder for tight space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wish to add a loft ladder to my loft at the moment keep moving steel steps up to it. The opening is about 68cm by 52cm, this is the actual size of hole when door is open. The height is about 2.3m and the distance to the wall I will be pulling the ladder to is 99cm.

I think if i pull a ladder down length ways it will hit with the wall ontop of door

As the hatch is in a corridor between 2 doors I think getting a ladder to fit length ways may be tricky so may need to go width using the 52cm. I would prefer a system that fits to floor of loft rather than the lid of hatch as I dont want to make a new hole and the exisitng hatch is plastic with insulation block on it - Its a new build home!

Any ideas on a access loft ladder to fit this sort of space preferably wooden as my wife prefers this material!

I will try an attach a picture.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back