Loft Lighting

or a door switch operated by the hatch, would be a good idea, as it will put an end to all the "did I turn the light off or not?" uncertainties. ;)
Buy it'll be like a fridge - does the light REALLY go out when you shut the door? :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And dont take the feed from the upstairs lighting circuit - anyone with half a brain can figure out why this is a bad idea!

Clue - think logically. ;)

Sponsored Links
Much better to take the feed from the socket circuit via a 3A FCU than the lighting circuit in my opinion, how many sparks have been up a loft working on a lighting circuit whilst trying to use a torch or lead light because the loft light went off with the upstairs lighting circuit??
Couldn't agree more and like an idiot I took the feed in my own loft from upstairs lighting Doh :oops:.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back