Loft wet room product / system recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here and not 100% which forum to post this in, think it crosses a few categories ...

We are having a semi-wet room in the loft bathroom, bath and open shower closed off within bathroom behind a glass wall. Architect has specified moisture resistant plasterboard, pro warm linear floor drain and wpb board for the floor but I'm not convinced this is enough to be truly waterproof so looking for advice on the best, not too costly solution.

Looking at all sorts of options including tanking with a kit like Aqua seal on current plasterboard and wpb board, and covering with microcement, tiles or even epoxy paint or resin, same for floor.

Floor base is timber joists.
Tyvek vapour barrier in roof, so I've heard I should be careful choosing a product for the walls and floor so as not to create a vapour block?

Quite interested in epoxy but would this be ok with a timber base? And looking for something not too high high gloss.

if anyone can recommend a build up that really does work and recommend some products that would be brilliant.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back